Dreaming of a boho bedroom that looks like it belongs in a magazine? You don’t have to be a professional designer to achieve the perfect boho chic bedroom of your dreams. Boho chic is all about being unique, natural, and comfortable. It’s a style that is both stylish and relaxed, making it perfect for a bedroom.
If you’re looking to create a boho chic bedroom of your dreams, here are 7 easy tips and ideas to get you started. With these tips and ideas, you can turn your bedroom into a bohemian retreat in no time. Let’s get started.
24 Easy Tips, Ways and Ideas to Create a Boho Chic Bedroom on a Budget
1) Invest in a Rattan Bed
Let’s address the elephant in the room. What is perfect for a boho bedroom decor? A rattan bed. If you want to create the ultimate bohemian retreat, then you need to get yourself a rattan bed.
Rattan furniture has been increasing in popularity in recent years for its unique bohemian style. They are often made with intricate designs and can add a touch of luxury to any space.
They also tend to be very durable, so you can be sure your investment will last for years to come. They add a touch of both luxury and nature, which is exactly what you need to capture that effortless boho vibe. Not to mention, they’re also incredibly comfortable and will make your bedroom feel like a true oasis.
2) Get Macrame Plant Hangers
Macrame plant hangers are a great way to add some bohemian flair to your space. Macrame is a type of textile made from knotting cords or ropes in a decorative pattern, and plant hangers are a great way to add some greenery to your space. If you are unsure of what indoor plants to choose, here is a list of 25 indoor plants that are hard to kill.
3) Choose Neutral Bedding and Quilts
When creating a bohemian chic bedroom on a budget, one of the best places to start is with your bedding. Choose neutral colors and patterns for your quilts and duvets, and add in a few pops of color with throw pillows or blankets. You can also DIY some boho-inspired bedding by tie-dyeing old sheets or using colorful scarves as curtains. Get creative and have fun with it!
4) Hang Tapestries
Hanging tapestries is an easy and inexpensive way to add bohemian flair to your bedroom. Tapestries come in a wide range of colors, patterns and sizes, so you can find one that fits your unique style. To hang a tapestry, simply use push pins or adhesive strips to attach it to the wall.
Tapestries are more than just pretty pieces of fabric – they can also be used as lightweight blankets or privacy screens. If you live in a small space, hanging a tapestry on the wall can create the illusion of a larger room. Tapestries are also great for covering up unsightly walls or windows.
Whether you’re looking for a colorful accent or want to transform your bedroom into a cozy oasis, tapestries are an essential part of any boho chic décor.
5) Go for Rope and Rattan Headboards
Rope and rattan headboards are a popular choice for creating a boho chic bedroom. They add texture and interest to the space, and can be easily customized to fit your specific style. Here are a few tips for incorporating a rope or rattan headboard into your bedroom:
- Choose the right size headboard. Rope and rattan headboards come in all shapes and sizes. Make sure to measure your bed frame before purchasing a headboard, so you know exactly what will fit.
- Consider the overall look of your bedroom. If you want a more relaxed vibe, opt for a natural-looking rope or rattan headboard. If you’re going for something more glam, look for one with embellishments like beads or sequins.
- Hang it at the right height.
6) Decorate the Floor With Colorful Persian and Turkish Rugs
If you’re going for a boho chic bedroom, one of the easiest ways to add some color and personality to the space is with a Persian or Turkish rug. These rugs are often quite colorful and can really liven up a room. Plus, they’re relatively inexpensive, so they won’t break the bank. Just be sure to measure your space before buying so you know what size rug you need.
7) Use Macrame Wall Hangings
Macrame wall hangings are a great way to add a boho chic touch to your bedroom without breaking the bank. Here are a few tips on how to create your own macrame wall hanging:
- Gather your supplies. You will need some sturdy cord, scissors, and a dowel or branch to use as a base.
- Cut your cord into lengths of varying lengths. You can make your wall hanging as long or short as you like.
- To create the basic knot, take two lengths of cord and tie them together at the center with an overhand knot. Then, take the left strand and cross it over the right strand, and tie another overhand knot. Repeat with the other side.
8) Use Natural Fiber Materials
Boho chic is all about being unique and embracing your own personal style. One easy way to do this is by decorating with natural fiber materials. This can be anything from woven baskets and rugs to macrame wall hangings.
Incorporating natural fibers into your bedroom décor will give it a warm and inviting feel. Plus, it’s a great way to add some texture and interest to the space. So if you’re looking for an easy way to achieve the boho chic look on a budget, start with natural fiber materials!
9) Hang Wicker Chandeliers
One of the best ways to add a touch of boho chic to your bedroom is to hang a wicker chandelier. These unique fixtures are often quite affordable, and they can really help to set the tone for your space. Look for chandeliers with colorful beads or shells, or go for a more subdued look with natural-toned wicker. Either way, these statement pieces are sure to give your bedroom an instant makeover.
10) Get Some Pom Pom Pillows
Pom pom pillows are an easy way to add some Boho chic to your bedroom. These pillows can be found at most home decor stores, and they’re usually pretty inexpensive. You can also find them in a variety of colors, so you can mix and match them to create your own unique look.
If you want to save even more money, you can make your own pom pom pillows. All you need is some fabric, stuffing, and a little bit of time.
11) Create Low-level Seating
Your bedroom should be your sanctuary—a place where you can relax, unwind, and escape the stresses of everyday life. But if your bedroom is feeling a little lackluster lately, don’t worry. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can easily transform your space into a boho chic oasis on a budget.
One of the easiest ways to add some bohemian flair to your bedroom is with low-level seating. Floor pillows, poufs, and ottomans are all great options that will add some extra texture and interest to your space. Plus, they’re perfect for lounging around in on lazy weekends or reading your favorite book before bed. Best of all? They’re relatively inexpensive and easy to find.
12) Stay off Black Color
When it comes to creating a boho chic bedroom on a budget, one of the best tips is to stay away from black. Black can be too harsh and overwhelming, particularly in small spaces. Instead, opt for lighter colors like white, cream, or pale blue. These colors will help to create a more airy and inviting space.
13) Use Brass Planters
Brass planters are a great way to add a touch of boho chic to your bedroom. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you can find one that fits your style and budget. Here are a few tips for using brass planters in your bedroom:
- Place a large brass planter next to your bed for a dramatic statement. Fill it with greenery or flowers for an extra pop of color.
- Use smaller brass planters to create a cohesive look on your nightstands or dresser. Fill them with succulents or other small plants for a touch of nature in your bedroom.
- Get creative with how you display your plants! Hang small brass planters from the ceiling, place them on shelves, or even use them as bookends.
14) Get Some Moroccan Throw Pillows
If you’re looking for an easy way to add some bohemian flair to your bedroom, try adding some Moroccan-inspired throw pillows. You can find these pillows in a variety of colors and patterns, so you’re sure to find something that fits your style. They’re also relatively inexpensive, so you can afford to buy a few of them to create a truly boho-chic look.
- To get started, simply choose a few pillows in colors and patterns that you love.
- Then, arrange them on your bed or sofa for an instant bohemian touch.
- If you want to take things a step further, try adding some Moroccan-inspired rugs or blankets to your space for even more of that boho chic look.
15) Use Geometric Planters
Geometric planters are a great way to add a touch of boho chic to your bedroom without breaking the bank. Here are a few tips on how to use them:
- Choose planters in a variety of shapes and sizes for an eclectic look.
- Paint them in bright, bold colors for a playful touch.
- Group them together on a windowsill, shelf, or dresser for maximum impact.
- Fill them with plants or flowers to bring some life into your space.
- Add some accessories like feathers or beads for an extra dose of bohemian flair.
16) Hang Basket Weave Pendants
Boho chic is all about mixing and matching different textures, colors, and patterns to create a unique and stylish space. One way to add some boho flair to your bedroom is with hang basket weave pendants. These beautiful pendants are made from woven natural materials and come in a variety of colors and styles.
Hang basket weave pendants over your bed or in a corner of the room to add some visual interest. Mix and match different colors and styles to create your own unique look. You can also use these pendants as planters – just add a small pot of your favorite flowers or plants.
17) Use Light-bleached Woods
Incorporating light-bleached woods into your bedroom décor is an easy way to achieve a boho chic look on a budget. Light-bleached woods have a natural, sun-kissed look that adds a touch of warmth and rustic charm to any space. To get the look, simply incorporate light-bleached wood furniture and accents into your bedroom design.
For a truly boho chic bedroom, mix and match different shades of light-bleached wood for a layered and eclectic look. Incorporate light-bleached wood into your bedroom décor by adding a few key pieces, like a light-bleached wood headboard or nightstand. Then, accessorize with other boho touches, like hanging tapestries or Moroccan-inspired lanterns.
18) Mix Textures and Patterns
When it comes to boho chic bedrooms, one of the key elements is mixing and matching different textures and patterns. This gives the space a more layered and interesting look. And fortunately, it’s something that can be easily done on a budget.
Here are some tips:
- Start with a neutral base. This could be white walls or even just a simple rug.
- Then, add in some pops of color with your bedding and curtains. Next, layer in some different textures. This could be anything from a chunky knit blanket to a vintage-inspired tapestry.
- And finally, don’t forget to mix up the patterns. Think stripes, florals, geometric shapes, and more. Even just a few well-placed pillows can make all the difference.
So go ahead and experiment with different combinations until you find something that speaks to you.
19) Use Hanging and Vining Plants
Hanging and vining plants are an easy way to add a touch of boho chic to your bedroom. There are many varieties of plants that can be hung or propped up on shelves, and they are relatively easy to care for. You can find hanging plants at most home improvement stores or online.
Vining plants can provide a bit of privacy if you have large windows in your bedroom, and they also look lovely draped over headboards or mirrors. If you have a green thumb, consider planting some ivy or other vines in pots and training them to grow the way you want them to. Otherwise, fake vines are also available and can look just as beautiful.
20) Layer Your Rugs
Achieving a boho chic look in your bedroom doesn’t have to be expensive. One easy way to add interest and texture to your space is by layering rugs. You can mix and match different styles, colors, and patterns to create a unique look.
- Start with a large area rug as the base.
- Then, add a smaller rug on top in a different color or pattern.
- For an even more eclectic look, try adding a third rug. You can also layer rugs of different textures for added interest.
Layering rugs is an easy and affordable way to give your bedroom a boho chic makeover. With so many possibilities, you can create a one-of-a-kind space that reflects your personal style.
21) Choose Furniture Made of Wood, Seagrass, Wicker and Other Natural Materials
Wood, seagrass, wicker, and other natural materials are all great choices for furniture when creating a boho chic bedroom. These materials can add a warm and earthy feel to the room, and they’re also usually very affordable.
Here are a few tips for how to incorporate these materials into your bedroom:
- Start with a simple wood bed frame and dress it up with colorful bedding and pillows.
- Add a few seagrass baskets or woven storage bins to keep things organized.
- Hang a wicker or rattan chair in the corner for relaxing.
- Finish off the look with some greenery, like potted plants or hanging vines.
22) Paint Something in Bright Color
Adding a pop of color is an easy way to create a boho chic bedroom on a budget. Paint something in a bright, bold color like turquoise, fuchsia, or lime green. Not only will it add personality to your space, it can also be used as a starting point for the rest of your decor. If you’re not sure where to start, try painting an accent wall or piece of furniture.
23) Get Some Boho-themed Scented Candles
There’s something about boho chic style that just makes you feel warm and cozy. And what’s more cozy than a scented candle? If you want to add a bit of boho chic to your bedroom without breaking the bank, try some of these tips:
- Look for candles with natural scents, like lavender or vanilla. These will help create a relaxing atmosphere in your room.
- Choose candles with interesting shapes and colors. Boho style is all about being unique, so find candles that stand out from the rest.
- Consider adding some essential oils to your candles. This can help boost the scent and create a more powerful aroma in your room.
- Place your candles in strategic locations around your room.
24) Keep the Tones Cool and Neutral
When choosing paint colors for your bedroom, you can’t go wrong with cool, neutral tones. Some examples include white, cream, gray, light blue, pale pink or lavender.
Frequently Asked Questions About Creating a Boho Chic Bedroom on a Budget:
1) What is Boho Style?
Boho style is all about being unique, creative, and expresses your personality. It’s a mix of different cultures, influences, and traditions. This style is a popular fashion trend that is often associated with hippie or bohemian culture. The style is characterized by loose, flowy clothing, earthy colors, and patterns. Boho style is often described as being “bohemian” or “hippie” chic. There are many different ways to incorporate boho style into your home décor.
Boho style is often considered to be casual and relaxed, and is often seen as an alternative to more traditional fashion styles.
It is a fashion aesthetic that is often associated with individuals who have a free-spirited, hippie-like lifestyle. This aesthetic is often characterized by loose-fitting clothing, vintage and ethnic-inspired pieces, and natural fabrics. Boho style can also be seen in home décor, as it often features eclectic and unique furniture and accessories.
What are Some Boho Colors?
Boho colors are a type of color palette that is often used in bohemian design. The colors typically found in a boho color palette are earthy tones, such as browns, greens, and oranges. These colors are meant to evoke a natural and relaxed feeling, which is often associated with the bohemian lifestyle.
Boho colors can be muted or bold, but they usually have a rich, saturated quality. The schemes often include a mix of warm and cool tones, as well as light and dark hues. Common boho colors include deep blues, greens, purples, and oranges.
What Does a Bohemian Style Look Like?
The bohemian style is a unique and often eccentric look that is characterized by its own set of rules. Bohemianism is about breaking the mold and standing out from the rest, so there are no hard and fast rules about what a bohemian style should look like. However, there are some common elements that are often seen in bohemian fashion, such as flowing fabrics, bold prints, and vintage-inspired pieces.
A bohemian style typically includes rich and vibrant colors, patterns, and fabrics. It often incorporates vintage or antique furniture and accessories, as well as global influences. Bohemian style is often described as eclectic, and it can be both formal and informal.
How to Identify Boho Style?
To identify Boho style, look for natural materials, earthy colors, and ethnic or vintage prints. Boho style is often described as being free-spirited and eclectic. Boho style can be identified by its earthy and natural colors, as well as its focus on handcrafted details. Boho clothing is often loose and flowy, and often features intricate embroidery or beadwork. This style is also characterized by its use of natural fabrics like linen and cotton.
Is Boho and Bohemian the Same?
No, “boho” and “bohemian” are not the same. “Boho” is short for “bohemian,” but the two terms have different connotations. “Bohemian” refers to a lifestyle that is characterized by artistic and unconventional living. “Boho,” on the other hand, has come to be associated with a fashion style that is inspired by bohemianism.
Boho and bohemian are often used interchangeably, but they actually have different meanings. Boho is short for “bohemian,” which refers to someone who lives a carefree lifestyle outside of the mainstream. Bohemianism originated in the late 1800s among artists and writers who rejected conventional ways of living. They believed in following their own rules and embracing creativity and individuality.
Is Boho and Hippie the Same?
No, boho and hippie are not the same. Boho is short for bohemian, which refers to someone who lives a carefree, unconventional lifestyle. Hippies are a subculture that emerged in the 1960s that advocated for peace, love, and free expression. While both groups may share some similar values, they are not the same. Generally speaking, both terms refer to people who are countercultural and nonconformist in their lifestyle and dress.
Is Boho Decor Still in Style in 2022?
Boho chic has been a popular style for the past few years and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. This eclectic style is all about mixing and matching different pieces and textures to create a unique, one-of-a-kind look.
That being said, it is safe to say that boho decor still has a place in the world of interior design. This laid-back, Bohemian style is perfect for those who want to create a space that feels relaxed and inviting. So, if you are considering incorporate some boho elements into your home décor, rest assured knowing that you are on trend, period.